In an increasingly technological and fast-paced environment, there is a constant flux of new apps and software that can help to make your business more effective, efficient, that will help reduce costs by reducing unnecessary print and increase security. So, what is PaperCut?
PaperCut is one of these afore-mentioned softwares and Highline Office Technology is an authorised PaperCut Reseller. As it’s still quite new and not very well known in general, we thought we’d take the opportunity of outlining exactly what the software does and how it will benefit your business. PaperCut is a business designed to make print management as simple and as pain-free as possible. There are two PaperCut options available: PaperCut NG and PaperCut MF.
About PaperCut NG:
PaperCut NG is the more popular option and is being used by 50,000 businesses around the world. It is a flexible print management that strives to help company does not only save money but also helps them to cut printer waste and help the environment. It installs in minutes and works on all platforms such as; Mac, Windows, Linux and Novell.
With this version of PaperCut, users have access to detailed reports of their printing habits that will illustrate the environmental impact of their organisation’s paper output and allow them to make the correct changes to help them improve. There are 5 key ways to help tame your business’s printing:
- With this programme, your company will be able to see who is printing what and when they are printing it. This will allow a business to pinpoint exactly what area is printing the most and why.
- PaperCut NG aims to encourage duplex and discourage email printing in order to be friendly to the environment.
- PaperCut NG will allocate quotas or budgets to departments or groups within the business.
- PaperCut NG will increase document security by tracking the origin or archive content using digital signatures and watermarking.
- Simplify mobile and BYOD (bring your own device) printing, allowing users to print from whatever device they wish.
About PaperCut MF:
PaperCut MF can be used within a company who wish to manage printing, copying, scanning and faxing habits throughout their company. It is 100% web based administered, meaning it allows the admin to control from anywhere on the network. This version of PaperCut is also available on Windows, Mac, Novell and Linux. Some key factors to note about PaperCut MF are as follows:
- PaperCut MF is vendor neutral, meaning that there will be no hardware vendor or operating system lock-in.
- PaperCut MF offers differential print costs, thus allowing charges to be defined per copier or printer.
- PaperCut MF provides print release and secure printing for pay-per-print usage in public libraries or internet cafes.
- PaperCut MF supply advanced reporting in PDF, HTML and Excel or export routines that can all be automated.
- PaperCut MF can charge to shared accounts, this is great for allocating costs to different departments.
- PaperCut MF will facilitate web-based reports including environmental impact reports which will help users to pinpoint where they can change their habits to improve their printing waste.
- PaperCut MF offers mobile or BYOD (bring your own device) printing.
Check out our blog on how PaperCut can benefit your business to find out more. (hyperlink underlined bit to the new blog please)
Contact us today at email@example.com or on 01 4097034 to discuss how Highline Office Technology can help your business reduce its print consumption, increase security and manage your overall business costs by implementing PaperCut.
Follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ for offers, tips and hints on how to best manage your printers and photocopiers. We also have a blog for handy tips and news on all our activities.
#PaperCut #Security #CSR #ReducePrint #ReduceCosts #Irishbiz #Business #Printers #Photocopiers #MFD